Tank Cleaning & Fuel Restoration
In conjunction with Leighton O’Brien, EMP’s water removal and tank cleaning services solve issues such as:
• Malfunctioning pumps and ATG’s
• Blocked filters
• Bacterial growth
• Insurance claims from vehicles breaking down
Unlike other tank cleaning services, our market-leading technology sweeps the entire tank floor to remove free-phase water from the tank, and only liquid waste (not fuel) is removed from site.
Depending on your need, our 2-tiered service includes:
TIER 1: TANK WATER REMOVAL
Removes water from the entire tank floor, not just from one point, thereby reducing the chance of vehicle breakdowns:
• Only waste water is removed from site as all fuel is returned to the tank
• Visual water ingress report to assess potential cause of water entry into the tank
• Product quality check and fuel inspection report
• Ideal for new installations to remove all ballast water from the tank, not just from a single point, thereby ensuring fuel quality from day one
• Comprehensive, quick, and cost effective way to remove ALL water. Ideal for tanks that have an associated remote fill drain line
How it works:
- Removal of water using equipment traversing the entire tank floor from multiple access points and pumping into a holding tank
- All fuel from the holding tank is then filtered and returned to the underground tank.
TIER 2: TANK CLEANING & FUEL RESTORATION
• Premium 3-stage service to resolve a range of site issues and preserve your underground assets
• Prevents slow flow and pumping issues through the removal of particulate matter
• Prevents incorrect and false ATG readings caused by sludge on the tank floor
• Application for tank conversions for any product (especially diesel & E10) to prevent phase separation, filter blockages and flash point issues
• Prevents bacterial growth with the option of biocide treatment which, combined with tank cleaning, is the most effective way to tackle ‘black death’
• Option for forward and reverse line flushing to resolve slow flow issues caused by blocked delivery lines
How it Works:
- All the benefits of Tier 1 plus removal of contaminants from the tank, including rust particulate, bacterial sludge, and foreign matter, until clear and bright tank floor samples are achieved from multiple access points
- Filtration, conditioning, and polishing of fuel to a filtration rate of 2 microns, with the option of biocide treatment and extensive delivery line flushing
- Remaining fuel in the settlement tank is treated and returned to the tank and waste disposed of in accordance with EPA and state regulations
Our Services Include:
Solutions for above and underground petroleum storage
Throughout the year we showcase some of our completed projects to demonstrate the variety of requirement and project values .
Tank Cleaning & Fuel Restoration
In conjunction with Leighton O’Brien, Engineering Mining Petroleum resolves problems with water & dirty fuel in underground tank networks.
Installation and Maintenance
Engineering Mining Petroluem supply and install all types of above and below ground petroleum handling and storage facilities for service stations and commercial industry.
Engineering Mining Petroleum specialises in the decommissioning of disused underground tanks. We provide a full service, from site excavation and the capping and removal of lines, to the removal and environmental validation of the underground petroleum storage system (UPSS).